The California Citizens Redistricting Commission will hold Public Map Input Sessions on October 21-23, 2021 to allow for district map plan presentations by the public. Presentations will provide an opportunity to showcase submitters’ ideas, potential solutions and specific boundaries for congressional, State Senate, Assembly and/or Board of Equalization districts.
Public Map Input Sessions
October 21, 2021 (11:00am - 6:00pm)
October 22, 2021 (9:30am - 4:30pm)
October 23, 2021 (9:30am - 4:30pm)
Please fill out the form above to submit an appointment request. Filling out this form is NOT a confirmation or guarantee of appointment. Invitations by appointment timeslots will be assigned by CRC on 10/15/21 at 5pm.
Public Guidance for Appointment Invitation Process and Presentations:
- Appointments are required.
- Appointments will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Maps should be submitted as PDFs to the CRC via email at [email protected]. If you are using Draw My CA Districts (online redistricting tool - site will go live soon) or Draw My CA Plugin for QGIS (desktop GIS software - will go live soon) the Submission ID must be emailed to [email protected].
- Speakers must stay within allotted appointment time. Presentations will cease at the end of allotted time.
- Presentations will be virtual.
- Presentations should provide overview of process and decision making when creating maps.
- This form opened on 9/27/21 at 9am.
- This form will close on 10/7/21 at 5pm.
- Maps and written narratives must be submitted in advance to CRC by 10/11/21 at 5pm. Failure to provide accompanying documents by 10/11/21 at 5pm will result in loss of appointment invitation.
- Appointments timeslots will be assigned by CRC on 10/15/21 at 5pm.
- Members of the public with confirmed appointments will receive an email with details on how to join the meeting via Zoom on 10/20/21.
We will make an announcement as soon as those online options are live.
You may also email the Commission directly at [email protected] with your map suggestions.
Do you like this page?