- First Preliminary Maps must be displayed no later than November 15, 2021.
- Public comment shall be taken for at least 14 days from the date of public display of the first preliminary statewide maps of the Congressional, State Senatorial, Assembly, and State Board of Equalization districts.
- The Commission shall not display any other map for public comment during the 14-day period.
- Public comment shall be taken for at least seven days from the date of public display of any subsequent preliminary statewide maps.
- Public comment shall be taken for at least three days from the date of public display of any final statewide maps.
- Final Maps must be certified to the Secretary of State by December 27, 2021. Because of #5, final maps will need to be displayed by December 23, 2021.
- With each of the four final maps, the Commission must issue a report that explains why its decisions in achieving compliance with the various criteria listed in subdivision (d) and must include definitions of the terms and standards used in drawing each final map.
- The four final redistricting maps must be approved by at least nine affirmative votes which must include at least three votes of members registered from each of the two largest political parties in California based on registration and three votes from members who are not registered with either of these two political parties.
- “Day” means a calendar day, except that if the final day of a period within which an act is to be performed is a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday, the period is extended to the next day that is not a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday.
- Nine or more affirmative votes shall be required for any official action; Nine members of the commission shall constitute a quorum.
- Notice for meetings, the purpose of which is to seek public input must be agendized for at least fourteen calendar days. Meetings for which public input is not the purpose, must be agendized for at least ten calendar days. For the final fifteen days prior the finalization of maps, public meetings require only three days’ notice.
Do you like this page?